GDP per capita by language

Some new academic papers have found a relation between savings, debt and languages. Apparently, some languages encourage people to save and reduce debt while others do the opposite just by the form of grammatical rules and the construction of future phrases.

Is then sensible to think that language may have a link with GDP. The following graph shows the GDP per capita by language. The data was gathered from IMF, World Bank and CIA.

The first languages (most spoken) of each country were alloted with 80% of the countries´ population and the second language the remaining 20%. Although that can´t be true for all countries I found it a good estimate globally. I couldn't find a more detailed information.

The graph only shows languages with more than a million speakers.

English is in the middle of the graph because many poor countries in Africa speak English and the same happens with French


The India said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
IsiZulu and IsiXhosa can not be higher than Afrikaans based on the South African wealth profile in which these 3 languages are spoken
Adhuntt said…
Great blog thanks for sharing Consistent and relevant content is the best ways to drive in massive amounts of traffic to your website through Search Engines. Adhuntt Media’s content creation team has got everything covered for you - from high-grade blogs that engage the reader and hit all the sweet SEO spots, unique design posts for your social media feed and professional videos for video marketing.
social media marketing company in chennai
Karuna said…
Nice blog thanks for sharing Try out different styles and bring your backyard back to life with the best garden service in Chennai - Karuna Nursery Gardens. Right from landscaping, terrace gardening and corporate services and renting plants, we do it all.
plant nursery in chennai
Pixies said…
Excellent blog thanks for sharing Run your salon business successfully by tying up with the best beauty shop in Chennai - The Pixies Beauty Shop. With tons of prestigious brands to choose from, and amazing offers we’ll have you amazed.
Cosmetics Shop in Chennai
Ravi said…

You write this post very carefully I think, which is easily understand to me. Not only this, other post is also good. As a newbie this info is really helpful for me. Thanks to you.
Tally Training in Chennai
Tally ERP 9 Training
tally classes
Tally Training institute in Chennai
Tally course in Chennai
w3webschool said…
I feel satisfied to read your blog, you have been delivering a useful & unique information to our vision.keep blogging.
Digital Marketing Course In Kolkata

Popular Posts